Sunday, 23 April 2017

Lesson 1: Writing Skills

Well this is my first time writing a blog, so there may be many mistakes, if you as a reader can aid me in improving my writing skill and my blog by commenting below, I will really appreciate it. So...lets start.

The definition for "Writing" that my lecturer taught me  is "To communicate specific information or ideas, utilizing the formats, language and content relevant to the workplace". For me, it is like a combination of alphabets, spelling and grammar to deliver a message via reading.

A written message should follow the ABC of writing,which are accessible, basic and clear, for short, it means a message should be understandable.


When we are writing, we should always follow the process of writing, which is:
Prewriting➡Drafting➡Revising➡Editing➡Publishing

Why shall we follow the process? This is to make sure the spelling, grammar, and most importantly the message can be understood by the readers easily. When we start to write, we should always "Prewrite", which is making an outline of the contents and the messages that we want to write. After that, we can start "Drafting" by writing out the message with full sentences. Then, we should "Revise" it to find out any mistakes in the sentences, and "Edit" it by correcting the mistakes. Finally, we can "Publish" the  the wherever it should be published.

Whenever we start writing something, we can ask ourselves some questions to improve our writing, Below are the examples of questions and how I answer it for the exercise that my lecturer gave us.

What is my purpose?
To write a freestyle poem regarding "LOVE".

How do I say what I mean?

Use the suitable words that everyone can understand.

How do I avoid grammatical errors?
Keep Revising the written poem.

How can I create visual effect?

Simulate the scenario which possibly experienced by most people.

In the English class, my lecturer told us to write a freestyle poem about "LOVE" as an exercise, and the poem below is the poem that I wrote together with my friends.

Love must be filled with trusts,
Or else it will be filled cheats and lies,
Violin plays the melody of memories,
Ending up with tears.

Lives with each other,
Or else stays alone,
Volunteer to give concessions,
Eternal love will last forever.

Life is like that,
Opportunities do not follow your pace,
Voice out your love,
Eventually you will get your love.

Well the above are the main things that i learnt from my lecturer, I will keep improving my writing and my blog! Please feel free to comment and subscribe. Thank you for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Best poem! Didn't really realise the hidden message there. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,fantastic. Good sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job,Wizz. I like ur sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job,Wizz. I like ur sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Final Lesson: Grammar and Writing Styles

Finally the last lesson, grammar and writing styles. They are various components in grammar, such as clause, verb, noun, preposition, int...